Three Playful Goals for the Rest of Summer: Choosing Joy, Connection, and Becoming
Somewhere along the way, summer can start to feel like a countdown.
We look at the calendar and think about everything we haven't done yet. The projects we haven't finished. The goals we haven't reached. The things we thought we would accomplish "by now."
But what if the rest of summer wasn't about catching up?
What if it was about noticing?
What if instead of trying to squeeze every ounce of productivity out of the season, we gave ourselves permission to play, explore, and enjoy the little moments that make life feel meaningful?
This summer, I'm choosing three playful goals. Not because I need another list of things to accomplish, but because I want to create more moments I'll remember.
Goal #1: Create a "Summer of Tiny Joys"
I want to collect little moments that make me smile.
Not the big, picture-perfect moments. The ordinary ones.
The kind of moments that are easy to miss:
- Drinking coffee somewhere new
- Reading a book outside
- Taking a photo of something beautiful
- Getting ice cream just because
- Sitting with my pets and enjoying their company
- Watching a nostalgic movie
- Taking a drive with no real destination
- A special photo session
- New enrichment activities
- Backyard lounging days
- Extra snuggles
- Celebrating the silly things that make each pet unique
- Writing
- Brainstorming podcast ideas
- Journaling
- Praying and reflecting
- Dreaming about future adventures
- Exploring the things that make me feel alive
Comments
Post a Comment