A Summer of Lightness, Joy, and Delight

 Every summer seems to arrive with a quiet invitation: slow down, breathe deeper, and remember what it feels like to simply enjoy life.

It’s easy to fill our days with expectations, obligations, and endless to-do lists. We tell ourselves that summer should be productive, memorable, or perfect. But this year, I want something different.

This summer, I choose lightness. I choose joy. I choose delight in ordinary days.

My intention for the season is simple:

Choose Delight Over Pressure

Instead of striving for the perfect summer, I want to collect small moments of happiness.

The feeling of cool water on a hot afternoon.

A dachshund curled up beside me.

A sunset painted in shades of pink and gold.

A good book read outside.

A popsicle enjoyed without guilt.

A walk through the neighborhood as the evening breeze rolls in.

These moments may seem ordinary, but they are often the ones that become our favorite memories.

Summer Is My Season of Wonder

I want to approach this season with curiosity and gratitude.

To notice the wildflowers blooming along the roadside.

To listen to birds singing in the morning.

To photograph the beauty that surrounds me.

To look at familiar places with fresh eyes.

Wonder doesn’t require a vacation or a grand adventure. Sometimes it can be found right in our own backyard.

I Give Myself Permission to Play

As adults, we often forget that play is not a luxury—it’s a necessity.

This summer, I want to laugh more.

Splash in the pool.

Watch the dogs run through the grass.

Spend time with people and animals I love.

Say yes to simple pleasures.

Not because I’ve earned them, but because joy is worth making space for.

Releasing What Feels Heavy

Every season of life carries its own burdens. Worries, grief, responsibilities, and stress can weigh heavily on our hearts.

This summer, I want to practice letting go of what I cannot control.

I want to release what feels heavy and make room for joy.

Not because life is perfect, but because joy deserves a place alongside the hard things.

Following Joy

When I’m unsure how to spend a day, I want to ask myself:

  • What made me smile today?
  • What beauty did I notice?
  • What brought me peace?
  • What memory did I create?
  • What brought me joy?

Perhaps joy can become my compass.

Perhaps delight can become my destination.

My Summer Intention

As I step into this season, I carry these words with me:

May this summer be light on my shoulders and full in my heart.

I choose lightness, laughter, and little joys.

I collect moments of joy like wildflowers.

And most importantly:

I choose delight over pressure.

Here’s to a summer filled with sunshine, wonder, playful moments, and a heart open to joy. ☀️πŸŒ»πŸ¦‹πŸΎπŸ’œ


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I’m Back with Purpose!

My Dreams

Making Changes